2021 COVID-19 Business Grant
SUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESS
The NSW Government announced they are providing support for businesses, sole traders or not-for-profit organisations in NSW who have been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, with a one-off grant of $7,500, $10,500 or $15,000.
The 2021 COVID-19 business grant provides support for businesses that experienced reduced demand or had to close due to the public health orders. It will support businesses with cash flow for the first 3 weeks of the Greater Sydney lockdown which started on 26 June 2021.
Eligible applicants across NSW can use the grant for business costs incurred from 1 June 2021, including:
- utilities, wages and rent
- financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- marketing and communications activities to develop the business
- the cost of perishable goods that can no longer be used
- other activities to support the operation of the business.
To be eligible, your income needs to have dropped by at least 30%, and employers need to maintain staff headcounts at all times they receive any current NSW grants.
Three different grant amounts will be available depending on the decline in turnover experienced over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 17 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more.
Letters confirming income decline can be provided by our accountants.
Applications will close at 11:59pm on 13 September 2021.